X4m300 Pulse Doppler Sampling

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by Abdelwahed Khamis, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Abdelwahed Khamis

Abdelwahed Khamis New Member

This might be a naive question, but is it possible to get Pulse Doppler output at higher sampling rate from X4m300
    The default rate seems to be 1 sample per second

Regards,
    Abdo

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Abdo,

The Pulse-Doppler matrix is updated 1 frame per second and it is fixed with current algorithm. If you check with X4M300 datasheet, you will get more info about how it is created. To get your custom Pulse-Doppler analysis output, you need to start from baseband data.

3. Abdelwahed Khamis

I analyze the produced pulse doppler.dat and I can get 1 sample per second. Baseband.dat has only amplitude and phase data.

Which file shall I look into ?

Regards,
    Abdo

4. Charlie Shao

Are you looking for baseband raw data?

5. Abdelwahed Khamis

Yes . Isn't it the baseband_ap.dat file that appears when I record ?

6. Charlie Shao

The baseband data can be output as IQ data or amplitude and phase data. The easiest way to record baseband data from modules is using XeThru Explorer. The baseband data are fixed at 17 FPS which is used by sensors as default.

If you are using ModuleConnector for development, you have more freedom to configure the baseband data you want. xt_modules_plot_record_playback_radar_raw_data_message.py in https://github.com/xethru/XeThru-ModuleConnector-Examples shows the latest python example regarding how to configure the module to get baseband data.

7. Abdelwahed Khamis

Thanks!. Can you recommend a guide for calculating pulse doppler from baseband data (that was my original target)

8. Charlie Shao

You can get some inspiration from X4M300 datasheet, but there is no specific guide from us for now. The pulse-Doppler analysis needs professional knowledge on this filed, just use google to get what you need.