X4M300 power supply problem

Discussion in 'Presence Sensor' started by Emre SARI, May 17, 2018.

1. Emre SARI

Emre SARI New Member

Hello, when I try to operate my X4M300 using the pins, the drawn current was fairly constant at 120 mA (I did IO enable default, etc. Using xethru Explorer first, itwas working perfectly). Then the current drawn started fluctuating between 120-200 mA range. Now it does not start at all (I didn't measure the current drawn), however it works using the xethru Explorer. Is there a way to make it work again? Can I change an IC and make it work? I also have an X4M03 that I am not using, can I get X4M300 firmware and use it like that? I need it urgently. Thanks

2. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member

Hi Emre,
    I am afraid your sensor output is dead. In the future, use the output with a buffer MOSFET and an optocoupler for more safety for your sensor module.
    -> For the X4M03, you can only use the X4M02 part and X4M300 firware as they are compatible. The price is absolutely the same as the price of X4M300 sensor module.
    Good luck.

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

3. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean the X4M300 still work with XE through USB perfectly and has IO output?
    It does not work with your setup? Please share your setup, some picture would be helpful. I also want to know how you check the sensor start or not?

It is not able to run X4M300 firmware at X4M03 for the customer, X4M03 is a radar development kit (does not have bootloader now) and X4M300 is the turn-key presence detection sensor(has bootload that supports firmware update).