X4M200 False Detection / Output?

Discussion in 'Respiration Sensor' started by Eric Heaton, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Eric Heaton

Eric Heaton New Member

I'm using the X4M200 for breath detection within an art installation. I realize this is a non-standard use case, but in my previous experiments, it worked well for what I wanted it for.

I'm having an issue in our final production space, where the sensor believes someone is in range of the sensor and breathing, when there's nobody present. Are there any environmental factors that could attribute to this?

The sensor is stationary on a tripod in the middle of a room. The installation utilizes sound & LED lights - would those affect it at all? Previously there had been no issues with either.

Attached is an output from Xethru Explorer, for what I'm seeing:

2. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member

Hi Eric,
    First of all, marry christmas !
    The breathing pattern looks very strange. If you move the sensor on a different room, set the range, let the sensor initialized and then sit still in front of it, what happens ? Do you have any change in the reccording ?

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

3. Eric Heaton

Eric Heaton New Member

Thanks for the response Chouaibou. If I try the sensor outside of the space completely, it works as expected, but moving it to different locations and changing the range does not seem to make much of a difference. I've found a couple locations within the space that start to get good results - then it goes back to the pattern in the recording file above.

Would love to hear any other ideas that people may have.

Thx,
    -eric