X4M200 device not recognized

Discussion in 'X4M03' started by Mariam Hafez, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Mariam Hafez

Mariam Hafez New Member

Hi,

I have my X4M200 device plugged in, but XeThru Explorer is not recognizing it under Devices on my Mac. It just gives the message "XeThru Playback from recording". How do I make it so that the device appears when I open XeThru Explorer?

Thank you,
    Mariam

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mariam,

It seems you Mac does not recognize X4M200. This might be a driver problem.
    Have you downloaded the last version of XeThru Explorer?
    Could you specify the Mac hardware and software version you are using, have you update macOS to the latest version?
    The easiest way might be testing X4M200 on a computer with Win10, which has less problem on device driver.

3. Mariam Hafez

Mariam Hafez New Member

I updated my Mac and have the latest version of XeThru Explorer, but it is still not working. I tried using it on a computer with Windows 10 and still receive the same response. XeThru Explorer is not recognizing my device either way.

4. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mariam,
    On the Windows 10 computer, did your computer recognize the device? Please check Device Manager->Ports(COM&LPT), there should be a port named Bossa Program Port (COMx) appearing if the sensor is recognized by computer. Please also pay attention to the cable you are using, it may be only a charging cable, no data transmission function.

Mariam Hafez likes this.
  5. Mariam Hafez

Mariam Hafez New Member

It worked! Thank you.