X4M200 device not recognized

Discussion in 'X4M03' started by Mariam Hafez, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Mariam Hafez

Mariam Hafez New Member

Hi,

I have my X4M200 device plugged in, but XeThru Explorer is not recognizing it under Devices on my Mac. It just gives the message "XeThru Playback from recording". How do I make it so that the device appears when I open XeThru Explorer?

Thank you,
    Mariam

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mariam,

It seems you Mac does not recognize X4M200. This might be a driver problem.
    Have you downloaded the last version of XeThru Explorer?
    Could you specify the Mac hardware and software version you are using, have you update macOS to the latest version?
    The easiest way might be testing X4M200 on a computer with Win10, which has less problem on device driver.

3. Mariam Hafez

Mariam Hafez New Member

I updated my Mac and have the latest version of XeThru Explorer, but it is still not working. I tried using it on a computer with Windows 10 and still receive the same response. XeThru Explorer is not recognizing my device either way.

4. Charlie Shao

Hi Mariam,
    On the Windows 10 computer, did your computer recognize the device? Please check Device Manager->Ports(COM&LPT), there should be a port named Bossa Program Port (COMx) appearing if the sensor is recognized by computer. Please also pay attention to the cable you are using, it may be only a charging cable, no data transmission function.

Mariam Hafez likes this.
  5. Mariam Hafez

Mariam Hafez New Member

It worked! Thank you.

6. Ash

Ash New Member

Hi Charlie, I am facing similar issue while connecting X4M300 with windows 10 PC. Its showing in the "deviceManager" but not detecting on XeThru Explorer. Please suggest~ Thanks

7. Charlie Shao

Just list some items you should check:
    1. USB cable
    2. Does it show a name like "Bossa Program Port (COMx)" exactly? Just in case Win10 install the wrong driver.
    3. Do you use the latest version XE?
    4. Do you have a chance to try on another PC? better with Win10
    5. Is the target PC very slow? sometimes it will take time when XE is looking for the device.

8. Ash

Ash New Member

I re-checked~
    1. cable is okay...tested with other device.
    2. showing Bossa program Port (COMx) exactly.
    3. XE2.6.0
    4. Checked with another PC too. (win 10)
    5. target PC is good enough to process. tried with waited long too.....

9. Charlie Shao

Ash likes this.
  10. Ash

Ash New Member

Hi Charlie, thanks for your prompt reply and sorry for my delayed reply....was try something else.
    anyway, i went through the links you shared...understood the phenomenon.
    well, in parallel the issue gets solved by updating the XeThru explorer. I can access the module now and read the data. Thanks. Just i have doubt to understand that what is the difference between Firmware ID; Annapurna and XEP and is there any sample example file, i can flash to X4M300 etc. sensor modules like for X4M03? please suggest your opinion. Thanks

11. Charlie Shao

HI Ash:
    XEP is the open source XeThru radar development platform which run on X4M03 and X4M06 development kit.
    Annapurna is XeThru sensor firmware developed based on XEP. We add different DSP algorithms for different XeThru sensors.
    X4M300 is a sensor product, you can erase the firmware to program your customized firmware, but it will not be able to program X4M300 Annapurna firmware and turn back to the presence sensor again. X4M02(X4M300/X4M200 hardware) also do not have programming interface ready, you have to program it in a complex way. see this application note:
    https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/x4m02-firmware-programming.129/

Ash likes this.
  12. Hi, im having the same problem, the X4M300 module cant be read in Windows 10. Only showing Xethru playback. It also says the usb cannot be recognized. Thanks

13. Ash

Ash New Member

Hi Rocez,
    Please update USB driver in win10 "device manager". In most cases, win10 auto detect the usb interfaced devices. Please update the "Ports (COM and LPT)" section of device manager. Thanks

14. Ash

Ash New Member

Thanks for clearing the doubt. :)