X4M03 python examples

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by Christoph Rothfuß1, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Christoph Rothfuß1

Christoph Rothfuß1 New Member

Are there any examples exept the simple_xep_plot.py for the x4M03? I've read that this board is designed for developer who will make there own DSP algorithms, but isn't there any other example regarding this board? In another post I've read, that in the moduleconnector the x4_pulsedoppler.py can be modified to work with the X4M03, which are neccessary modification therefore?

andrey goverdovsky likes this.
  2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Christoph,
    The original firmware only supports raw radar data output, you can use XEP_plot_record_playback.py in Module Connector to read these data. X4M03 does not have doppler data output, only X4M200/X4M300 have doppler analysis now, so x4_pulsedoppler.py does not work with X4M03.
    There is one simple example showing how to develop firmware for X4M03: XEP X4 Distance Demo.

3. Christoph Rothfuß1

Hi Charlie,
    thank you for your fast response! Is it possible to get the algorithm which are used in the firmware of X4M200/X4M300, so I can try to modify them for X4M03?

4. Charlie Shao

It is based on the open source XEP platform as X4M03 running, but the DSP part is closed.

5. Christoph Rothfuß1

So closed or not closed? Because in the email notification to your last answer it says '...but the DSP is not closed'...

6. Charlie Shao

Sorry, I made a mistake, it is closed.

7. Ash

Ash New Member

Hi, Charlie,
    May I please know that where can I find the hex file for original firmware comes with X4M03 which default only supports raw radar data output? Since i programmed it with "distanceDemo XEP example but now I want to re-program it with default firmware to run the simple_xep_plot python scripts.
    Please suggest~ Thanks.
    BR
    /Ash

8. Charlie Shao

Yes, of course. This firmware is called XEP. You can find it from XeThru Community resource page.
    XEP binary: https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/xep-binary.88/
    XEP source code: https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/xep-source.90/

Ash likes this.
  9. Mykhailo Sorochev

Mykhailo Sorochev New Member

Hi Guys,
    anybody can confirm distance measurement accuracy? It says 1mm?

10. Georg Michel

Georg Michel New Member

Millimeters are only feasible differentially by exploiting the carrier phase. The absolute distance is determined by the bandwidth which is sufficient for a few centimeters, depending on the multipath environment.

Cheers
    Georg