X4M03: executing python examples; the program just gets stuck

Discussion in 'X4M03' started by Manikanta, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Manikanta

Manikanta New Member

Hi,
    I connected the X4M03 module to a Windows machine via micro USB cable and it shows up as COM3. LED lights up without any blinking.
    I installed Python 2.7 and executed "python setup.py" without errors. I want to collect baseband IQ samples from X4M03.
    However, none of the scripts in python27-win64\pymoduleconnector\examples work for me. For example, if I execute "python xep_example.py -d COM3", I get the attached error log (please see the attached file debugMessage.txt) and the program just gets stuck without any additional messages.

Attached Files:

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Manikanta,

It seems the command to install Module Connector library is 'python setup.py install', I believe you just forget to write 'install' if you did not get any errors.

Not all of the examples support X4M03. We will change the name and add description to every example in next release to specify which module it fits. If you want to collect baseband IQ samples from X4M03, the best example is 'XEP_plot_record_playback', please send me the error message if you cannot make it work.