X4M03 and Matlab

Discussion in 'X4M03' started by posadchy, May 24, 2018.

1. posadchy

posadchy New Member

I am having trouble getting data from y X4M03 Module.

When running the Matlab file "XEP_X4_plot_fram.m" the plot shows up blank and only runs to 130 frames. I also get:
    Warning: Integer operands are required for colon operator when used as index
    > In XEP_X4_plot_frame (line 105)

Could I get an explanation on how to setup the X4M03 with Matlab to retrieve presence data?
    Thank you!

-Paul

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Paul,
    Could you specify which version of Matlab are you using now?
    Could you also try the python example XEP_plot_record_playback to see if the X4M03 works well?

X4M03 do not support presence data output. It is a development kit to help developer on their DSP algorithm design. It only supports raw data output now. If you need presence data output, you should choose X4M300 presence sensor.

3. posadchy

posadchy New Member

I am running Matlab R2018a
    From my understanding, the presence sensing should run on my unit. What is different in the hardware of the X4M300?
    Does the python example XEP_plot_record_playback just run? Do I need anything to go along with this?

4. Charlie Shao

Hi Paul,
    The last version of Module Connect is released on 2017, we did not test MC example on Matlab R2018a before.
    I did a test today, found it shows the situation you mentioned: all data are zero and stop after 101 frame count in my test several times, but most of the case it can plot the data successfully. Could you try to unplug and plug the USB cable again when this happened. We will try to fix this on our next release.

Please check application note: https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/xethru-sensors-introduction.111/
    about how to run python examples.

5. Florian Wasmuth

Florian Wasmuth New Member

Hi Charlie,
    I have trouble reading the X4M03 too.
    When I try the Matlab examples I get the same Errors as posadchy. Unplugging didn't work either.
    Im on R2018a because the Compileraddon for Matlab 2017 wasn't working.
    I even tried the python examples without luck.
    Unbenannt.png

6. Charlie Shao

I have request support Matlab2018 on next MC release. The fast solution might be using Matlab2017.