X2 Minimum range

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by Joe BL, May 4, 2016.

1. Joe BL

Joe BL New Member

My potential application is at a range of about 120 mm, and would need to resolve submillimeter features varying at about 20 Hz. Would the X2 be a candidate?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

Hi Joe,

X2 is certainly a candidate. High antenna isolation is beneficial when measuring close to the radar, the Salsa Ancho kit allows you rapidly set up a prototype.

Olav

3. Hanna Hebestreit

Hanna Hebestreit New Member

How can I reduce the default range (1m) of my radar? I only know the frame stitch to enlarge the range...
    Would it be possible to use the 256 parallel samplers for 500mm, to get a spatial resolution of 2 mm?

4. Olav Liseth

The sampling rate on X2 is fixed. You can choose to only read the first 128 bins.

5. AKASH

AKASH New Member

Hello!
    Can we use X2 chip for a minimum range of around 1-2 cm? This specifically demands special antenna but can X2 produce such short pulses (around 200-300 picoseconds) at around 6 GHz of center frequency for such a short range application? I searched these requirements in the X2 datasheet but my requirements are at the very margin of what X2 is capable of doing.

6. Olav Liseth

Hi Akash,

The pulse is about 800 ps for PGSelect = 3 / Fcenter = 6 GHz. The chip can send and sample at the same time, a scenario with an object at 1 cm will result in sampling the direct coupling + the reflection. Your antenna design should have good isolation and you must evaluate how antenna characteristics changes with objects that close.

Olav