Wireless USB dongle

Discussion in 'Respiration Sensor' started by usensit, Jan 7, 2018.

1. usensit

usensit New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if a wireless USB dongle would work with the Respiration sensor? I’m trying to come up with a simple way to connect with a sensor without having to use a cable for a direct connection with a Windows PC.

Thanks ahead for any advice,

Mike

2. Hi usensit,
    All xethru radar sensors to date communicate using serial protocol or TCP/IP protocol in the latest update version of modules connectors with the host. There is no way to connect a wireless dongle to the respiration sensor and make it works. In fact, the xethru sensors basicaly from Novelda are not wireless sensors to date. But you can build custom wireless apparatus, with both wireless dongle and respiration sensor connected to a controller and fetch radar data remotely:)

B.R
    Chouaibou.

Aksel Johnsby likes this.
  3. usensit

usensit New Member

So, I can connect the X4M200 to a Raspberry Pi using the Pi module, and install the Xethru Explorer on a Windows PC, plugin an IP address of the Raspberry Pi + Xethru sensor in the settings of the Explorer and I should be able to see the radar output?

Thanks,

Mike

4. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, XeThru Explorer can only support local serial port now, you can not use it to connect a remote device through TCP/IP protocol, but there are some python examples in Module Connector you can use.
    Please refer to this thread about how to build TCP/IP connection: https://www.xethru.com/community/threads/modules-connectors-tcp-ip-support.278/#post-1283