Synchronization of two X4M300 modules

Discussion in 'Presence Sensor' started by NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU, Apr 18, 2018.

1. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member

Hi,
    Please, could you tell me if it is possible to sync two presence modules by triggering TX and RX via their registers ? If yes, how to do it.

B.R,
    Chouaibou NSANGOU.

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi NSANGOU,

X4 support one tx and multi rx synchronization at the chip level, see X4 datasheet 10.2.
    This will need a customized hardware, X4M300 does not fit for this kind of application.

3. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

Hi Charlie,
    Thank you for your reply.

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

4. Emre SARI

Emre SARI New Member

You may want to look at X4SIP02's Altium design file and modify it (just put extra Pads for the extra pins that you want to use) but remember that it will require large number of layers >5 and it is going to be expensive to have it printed and you will need to design your own antennae (I am open to collaboration if you have the finances/customers and some application in mind).

Charlie Shao likes this.
  5. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

Hi Emre,
    Thank you for your reply. The application I have in mind is to be able to detect multiple targets by simultateously scanning any zone with two sensors mounted perpendicularly to the zone of interrest. I don't have customer to date, I am just looking to build a prototype I see if it works.

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

6. Emre SARI

Emre SARI New Member

You may not necessarily need them to be synchronized unless you are doing "radar imaging". If your purpose is to improve your presence detection confidence by placing them perpendicularly, all you need to do can be as simple as an OR operation (performed at the output of the presence sensor).

7. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

Hi Emre,
    Synchronization is mandatory as I would like to be able to trigger Tx and Rx (or one Tx and multiple Rx) at the same time on all modules. You are wright, "Or" operation at the outputs of the modules is the simplest way to improve detection confidence, but the xethru presence sensor is very sensitive and accurate.
    Another method is to use one sensor and be able to retrieve "targets direction" information from scattered pulses.

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Charlie Shao and Emre SARI like this.