Still stucked with X4M03 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'X4M03' started by Laurent Ouvry, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Laurent Ouvry

Laurent Ouvry New Member

Hello,

I am still not able to see the XAM03 device appear in the COM port list with Windows 7.
    I have been through all forum discussions about it and tried what was proposed. The "XeThru Serial" appear in the device list, but there is no driver avaialble for it, event after installation of the ATMEL bundle and also the FTDI VCP drivers.
    I have tried under Windows 10 at home and it works, but our work envionment is windows 7 so i am stucked.

Do you have a novel procedure to propose ?

Best regards

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Laurent,

My apologies for your struggles, we do find compatibility problem about this driver on some version of windows 7, following below solution to install a BOSSA driver should be able to solve your problem.

Uninstall serial port driver manually, download BOSSA driver from this link: https://github.com/shumatech/BOSSA/releases and install. Plug in the sensor, the computer should be able to show the device, it looks like "BOSSA Program Port(COM32)"

Good luck!

3. Laurent Ouvry

Laurent Ouvry New Member

OK, sounds it works ! I can now proceed to the next steps..

Thanks !

4. Manikanta

Manikanta New Member

I am trying to obtain IQ samples from the X4M03 radar. Initially, the radar appeared as 'XeThru Serial' in 'Other devices' in device manager on windows 7 64 bit OS.
    After I installed BOSSA driver manually as suggested above, I could see the device as 'BOSSA Program Port (COM32)'. However, when I run XEP_X4_plot_frame.m, I obtain the following error:

MATLAB ERROR
    -------------------------------------------
    Error using loadlibrary (line 422)
    Failed to preprocess the input file.
    Output from preprocessor is:matlab_wrapper.h
    c:\users\mani\documents\moduleconnector-win32_win64-1.4.3\include\matlab_recording_api.h(4)
    : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h': No such file or directory

Error in ModuleConnector.Library/loadlib (line 32)
    [notfound,warnings] =
    loadlibrary(obj.library_name,obj.library_includes,'addheader',obj.library_recording_includes,'addheader',obj.library_datatypes_includes);

Error in ModuleConnector.Library (line 24)
    obj.loadlib();

Error in XEP_X4_plot_frame (line 19)
    Lib = ModuleConnector.Library;
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I obtain IQ samples from radar?

5. Charlie Shao

This is caused by the lack of inttypes.h. Not all Matlab comes with compiler, maybe you need to install a C compiler at first. I checked ModuleConnector document (running doc moduleconnector):

Manikanta likes this.
  6. Manikanta

Manikanta New Member

I am using MATLAB 2016a to overcome the "lack of inittypes.h" problem. Now, if I run the MATLAB program XEP_X4_plot_frame.m, the program gets stuck at Line 44 while executing "app.set_sensor_mode('stop');". Value of 'radar' matlab structure is
    K>> radar
    radar =
    libModuleConnector: {'Not Loaded'}
    isOpen: 1
    isStreaming: 0

And value of 'app' matlab structure is
    app =
    X4M300 with properties:
    X4M300_instance: [1x1 lib.pointer]
    radarInterface: [1x1 ModuleConnector.RadarInterface]

And matlab issues following warning:

MATLAB warning
    ----------------------------------------
    Warning: matlab_wrapper.h

Type '__crt_locale_dataPtr' was not found. Defaulting to type voidPtr.

Found on line 4295 of input from line 465 of file C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Kits\\10\\include\\10.0.10150.0\\ucrt\\corecrt.h

Type '__crt_multibyte_dataPtr' was not found. Defaulting to type voidPtr.

Found on line 4295 of input from line 465 of file C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Kits\\10\\include\\10.0.10150.0\\ucrt\\corecrt.h
    libModuleConnector_thunk_pcwin64.c
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\INCLUDE\stdbool.h(16): warning C4005: 'false': macro redefinition
    C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2016a\extern\include\tmwtypes.h(761): note: see previous definition of 'false'
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\INCLUDE\stdbool.h(17): warning C4005: 'true': macro redefinition
    C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2016a\extern\include\tmwtypes.h(764): note: see previous definition of 'true'
    Creating library libModuleConnector_thunk_pcwin64.lib and object libModuleConnector_thunk_pcwin64.exp

> In ModuleConnector.Library/loadlib (line 40)
    In ModuleConnector.Library (line 24)
    In XEP_X4_plot_frame (line 19)
    ------------------------------------------------

Please reply soon on how to solve this problem.

7. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Hi Charlie,

Even I uninstall serial port driver and install BOSSA driver, I still can't connect with x4m300 in Win 7.
    Can you help? Thanks.

8. Charlie Shao

Hi Tomas,
    Sorry for you struggling. Did you see like "BOSSA Program Port(COM32)" on your Device Manager after you installed BOSSA driver?

9. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member

Hi Tomas,
    In the picture bellow, my Xethru device is connected to USB COM5 port as the device can be recognized by the computer via the installed BOSSA driver.

upload_2018-6-11_15-28-26.png
    B.R,
    Chouaibou.

Charlie Shao likes this.
  10. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Hi Charlie & Chouaibou,

After I connected Xethru, my computer doesn't have any response.
    it doesn't show BOSSA Program Port(COM32)on Device Manager or
    on device and printer.

11. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member