steps To connect Mac with Xethru x4 ? X4MO3

Discussion in 'Module Connector (MC)' started by Ramneek Paul Singh, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Ramneek Paul Singh

Ramneek Paul Singh New Member

I have downloaded modular connector package for Macosx, install the setup file using setup.py. But how can i connect hardware to MacOSx, so that i can fetch the radar signals as a output. ----Ramneek

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

3. Ramneek Paul Singh

I saw and started working but i am confused how to set environment on mac to get started working on Radar Signals, how to connect module connector to Python files here, how to set environment variables, Whats the use of XEthru xplorer in this.

Thanks,

Ramneek Paul Singh

4. Charlie Shao

5. Ramneek Paul Singh

Hi, What will i write in 'Device name' mc = pymoduleconnector.ModuleConnector(device_name)

what should i write in device name ?

Ramneek Paul Singh

6. Charlie Shao

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  7. Ramneek Paul Singh

Thanks, I figured it out. I am trying to run python file of xep_distance_demo_host.py , but error as
    Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Abort trap: 6

So not able to figure out, do I need to make a change in Above Python file?

I am really new to this, but I am trying to capture data from Radar signal using XeThru X4M03, then will work further. Thanks .

8. Charlie Shao

You have no need to change this script. Could you check if you are using the correct python version?
    I also want to remind you that xep_distance_demo_host.py need special firmware programmed in the module, just read the introduction in front of the script.