Presence Sensing through Walls

Discussion in 'General' started by Jacob, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I see that Xethru advertises that the radar works through obstacles except for metal. I was wondering if anyone had done any testing with using the radar to sense human presence through interior or exterior walls? If so how much success did you have with the range and quality of the signal?

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Hi Charlie,
    Thanks for your help! We are looking to build a mobile device that would be used by first responders in a search-and-rescue application.Do you know if there have been any tests with Xethru where it was not mounted to a building (that is where the device was non-stationary)? Would this likely cause a problem?

4. Charlie Shao

Hi Jacob,
    I think the see-through compatibility is not affected by if module is fixed or not, the challenge is from the algorithm part. For our existing XeThru sensor, they are designed for fixed condition. You need evaluate for non-stationary condition based on your development.

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Okay thanks! Is it possible to talk to a sales rep in order to get a few questions answered in real time? Also do you offer student/University/academic discounts?

6. Charlie Shao