Plot of Frame Data

Discussion in 'Module Connector (MC)' started by AMIT SARKAR, Nov 13, 2018.

1. AMIT SARKAR

AMIT SARKAR New Member

If we plot the frame data matrix containing Rows= Number of bins and Columns= Number of Frames, what are we supposed to get? Does the peak of the resulting plot give the bin in which the subject is located? If not, how are we supposed to find out in which bin the subject is located?

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Attached Files:

• f.png
      f.png
      File size:
      343.6 KB
      Views:
  3. AMIT SARKAR

AMIT SARKAR New Member

Could you please explain the values of slow time and fast time in a frame of X4M200?

4. Charlie Shao

See X4M200 datasheet, the algorithm section has a detailed explanation.

5. AMIT SARKAR

AMIT SARKAR New Member

Upon plotting the amplitude of frames for all the bins, locating the bin with the highest peak containing the subject and multiplying the bin number with bin length (0.0514m), I am getting the distance of target to be 0.56584m. But from explorer, the distance is showing 0.76m. I measured the distance with scale, it was around 0.76m as well. But then why am I getting a smaller distance when multiplying bin with bin length? [PS: Environment is clean and the only reflection is from the subject. Using X4M200]

6. Charlie Shao

Hi Amit,
    You can not simply use the highest peak to locate the target object. There is direct path at short distance, which gives strong reflection. You need to reduce the noise to find the real target. Please learn about MTI algorithm.

7. AMIT SARKAR

AMIT SARKAR New Member

If I reduce the noise, then will I get the actual range by multiplying the range bin distance (0.0514m) with the target bin number?