Not getting Data fast enough from UART

Discussion in 'General' started by Yoda, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Yoda

Yoda New Member

I am writing a piece of software to gather respiration and movement data from Xethru's X2M200 module. The data readings seemed constant and fast on the Xethru explorer, but when I tried to read the same data from UART TX (on pin 4, and disconnected from USB of course) I am getting data at a much slower rate. According to the document I would be getting 20 readings per second, but right now I am getting data on respiration or movement every 2~3 seconds. What are somethings that I can do to make the data transfer faster? Could I change the baudrate (which is 115200 by default)of the UART? If so, how I can change it? Or should I try to read data from the micro usb instead?

2. Ole-Johan

Ole-Johan Moderator Staff Member

Could you please verify that you only get Respiration data from the module? One possible scenario is that you have enabled output of Baseband data, which will be too much for the 115kbps uart. Make sure you have disabled Baseband AP or IQ data, and see if that helps.

3. Yoda

Yoda New Member

Thanks Ole-Johan, I think it works better after I disabled Baseband data! How often does xethru output the status of the RESP application through UART? I seems to me that it is sending the data every couple seconds still, but it is definitely faster than before.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017