Multi Radar System

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by Basil Brunner, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Basil Brunner

Basil Brunner New Member

Hi Olav

I have built a multi radar system with three stand-alone X4M05-modules, which are controlled by a external microcontroller over SPI. So one module is measuring a radar frame, afterwards the second modules measures a radar frame and finally the third module measures his radar frame. This works very well.
    Now I want to "synchronize" my three X4M05 modules, so that I can send with one module and receive with all three at the same time. I don't want to do beam forming, so the synchronization hasn't to be very accurate. Because the pins F6 (IO5) and F7 (IO6) of the X4-chip aren't connected to anything on the X4SIP02-board, I can't implement the application note from the X4-datasheet.
    My idea now is, that I connect all IO1-pins of the three X4-modules together and I run all three modules in the transceiver-slave-modus. My microcontroller will generate a short pulse on the IO1-connection to start capturing a radar frame on all three modules. Because only on one module the TX-power is set to "Medium" (on the other two modules the TX is turn off), I could send with one module and receive with all three.

Is my idea a possible solution to synchronize the three X4M05-modules? Or won't it work, because in the transceiver-slave-modus the chip will disable / bypass the PLLs and therefor the receiver won't have a clock?

Thanks for your help

Best regards Basil

Evgenii, NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU and EdJ like this.
  2. Emre SARI

Emre SARI New Member

Thanks, Basil, for the question.
    That's an interesting question that I would love to hear the answer of.
    Please share if you found a solution for your problem. I would love to hear.