Module connector windows v 1.4.1 - pymoduleconnector failure

Discussion in 'Module Connector' started by NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Hi,
    I am using python 2.7 with windows 64 bits. I can't run examples with python due to the "ids module" import failure.
    Please could you take a look at this issue ?

B.R
    Chouaibou.

Attached Files:

2. Marius Lind Volstad

Marius Lind Volstad New Member Staff Member

Hi,
    Could you verify the version of pymoduleconnector by running the following?

from pymoduleconnector.version import *
    print(version)

It might be possible Python is trying to use an older version of pymoduleconnector that did not include ids.py. You could also have a look in your Python install path under Lib\site-packages and see what version of pymoduleconnector is present, and if ids.py is missing.

Best regards,
    Marius

3. Hi Marius,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The the result of the execution of the command:

from pymoduleconnector.version import *
    print(version)

Is 1.2.2 for the pymoduleconnector version and ids.py file is not missing in pymoduleconnector.in site-packages.

The setup.py file simply doesn't uninstall the previous version of pymoduleconnector. I end up with two versions and it is a mess. Please how to cleanly remove the older version of pymoduleconnector (v 1.2.2) without breaking all things ?

Best regards,

Chouaibou.

4. Marius Lind Volstad

Hi,
    It's correct that setup.py will not uninstall anything. I don't think it can work as a package manager as pip does.

What is the full name of the pymoduleconnector-folders in your site-packages folder? I would expect that you have two, and only one of them has the ids.py file?
    I'm not sure, but as far as I know Python should select the most recently installed package.
    To clean up, you can delete the older versioned folder manually from site-packages.

Best regards,
    Marius

5. Hi Marius,
    The full names of the pymoduleconnector folders in my site-packages are :
    pymoduleconnector-1.2.1-py2.7.egg and pymoduleconnector-1.4.1-py2.7.egg
    I have ids.py and ids.pyc files in pymoduleconnector in pymoduleconnector-1.4.1-py2.7.egg folder

After reinstallation and running one example script, I have another error, different from the missing ids python file.
    Please, see attached copy of the console

Best regards and many thanks for your help.

Chouaibou.

Attached Files:

6. Marius Lind Volstad

Hi,
    Thanks for pointing it out :) That is a bug in the ModuleConnector distribution, and will be fixed shortly. As the message indicates, there are some missing DLLs.
    To fix this manually, you can go to the lib64 folder from the ModuleConnector zip and copy "libgcc_s_seh-1.dll", "libstdc++-6.dll" and "libwinpthread-1.dll" to the moduleconnectorwrapper folder in your package install (e.g. "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\pymoduleconnector-1.4.1-py2.7.egg\pymoduleconnector\moduleconnectorwrapper")
    Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Best regards,
    Marius

7. Marius Lind Volstad

An update, v. 1.4.2, that fixes this problem has just been posted :)

Marius

8. Hi Marius
    Many thanks for your great work and fast updates. I will run some examples this week-end.

Best regards,
    Chouaibou.

9. Hi Marius,
    The module connector windows v 1.4.2 works like a charm ! Great !
    Thank you.
    B.R,
    Chouaibou.