Module Connector - UNIX 1.6.2

SW used to communicate with all XeThru modules on a host computer

1. Blacbird

Blacbird New Member

Hi Charlie,

as mentioned above, our target platform is the ARTIK 710 which is ARM64. Could this be the reason for the error?

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that is exactly the problem. "Unix" is really x86_64 linux, not arm64 linux, also we do not provide arm 64 build by far, it's too much work to support different custom arm platforms.

3. Harvord Sun

Harvord Sun New Member

Hi,Charlie Shao. I tried to run XeThru Explorer on Ubuntu16.04 system, but I can't find any device on the interface. Is there any USB driver should I install before I use XeThru Explorer for unix on Linux system?

4. Charlie Shao

No USB driver needed for Ubuntu. Have you tested on Win10 first to make sure the sensor and cable work well? Which sensor are you trying to test? Try this command to list USB device:

dmesg | grep tty
    The name of the serial interface looks like ttyACM0(in my situation).

5. Harvord Sun

Harvord Sun New Member

Thank you for your replying.Yes,I have tested my X4M200 sensor on Win10 and Win7 with USB driver, and it worked well.But I can't find available device on the Xethru Explorer for unix on my ubuntu16.04 system when I connect the sensor.I tried dmesg|grep tty, and the name of serial interface was ttyACM0.What problem should it be?

6. Charlie Shao

Hi Harvord,
    It sounds like sensor have connected to Ubuntu but did not show on XeThru Explorer.
    I am not sure why this happens on your computer, probably some library lost on your computer. XeThru Explorer is designed for primary evaluation, it can plot all the data you can get from the sensor. For your further development, you should use SDK ModuleConnector. There should be no problem to use MoudleConnector since the serial interface has been built.

7. Harvord Sun

Harvord Sun New Member

thank you for your help.I referred to previous solution, and I finally make success.It was the Linux permission problem.
    sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0

Charlie Shao likes this.