Module Connector - Raspberry Pi 1.6.2

SW used to communicate with all XeThru modules on a host computer

1. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Did you get this kind of error by running examples? or running your own program?

2. Øystein Bjørndal

Øystein Bjørndal New Member

Any update on this?

3. Christian Rødli Amble

Christian Rødli Amble Member Staff Member

4. Sheng Chong

Sheng Chong New Member

It's my own program. The problem fixed when I changed to another X4M300 module, I guess it was hardware problems. Also, I have an another question, if you don't mind, when changing from RUN state to IDLE state, what should I do to let it goes into RUN state again? I always get the error message when I switch from IDLE to RUN and do nothing between them.

5. Charlie Shao

Hi Sheng,
    There seems to be a firmware bug regarding the idle-mechanism that causes a reinitialization to be attempted following an idle. It will be resolved for a future release.For now, idle should not be used.

6. byyu

byyu New Member

Hi, did anyone try 1.4.3 on a raspberry Pi 0 w? I couldn't get it to work, getting the following error when running the example python code:

python x4m300_presence_simpleoutput.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "x4m300_presence_simpleoutput.py", line 9, in <module>
    from pymoduleconnector import ModuleConnector
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/pymoduleconnector/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnector.py", line 5, in <module>

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnectorwrapper/__init__.py", line 28, in <module>

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnectorwrapper/__init__.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnectorwrapper/_moduleconnectorwrapper.so: file too short

7. Sheng Chong

Sheng Chong New Member

I figured out this problem, it's because I use 5v IO for UART, if I use 3.3v the problem was gone. The problem only occurs when I use 5v for a long time.

8. Charlie Shao

The ModuleConnector doesn't support Raspberry Pi Zero because it uses different SoC chip compared with RPI 2/3, but you can try MCPW in this link https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/module-communication-protocol-wrapper.97/, it is written by C, and also provides full access to the XeThru radar sensor.

9. byyu

byyu New Member

Charlie Shao likes this.
  10. Charlie Shao

Yes, you are right. Sorry for my fault, the software team just released this version recently, they are faster than I thought. :)

It seems you forget to specify the device name, the full command looks like "python x4m300_presence_simpleoutput.py -d /dev/ttyACM0". I have tested this version on RPI Zero W, it works fine!

11. byyu

byyu New Member

It wasn't the device name. However I fixed the problem, I think it might have something to do with having 1.4.2 installed previously. I had to remove the 1.4.2 folder and re install 1.4.3. But it's now working.

Charlie Shao likes this.
  12. Kell

Kell New Member

raspberry pi 3 can connect x4m3 through SPI/QSPI? and read the radar data?

13. Charlie Shao

X4M03 only support uart and usb connection, but you can connect RPI3 with X4M05 through SPI/QSPI.

14. Tony

Tony New Member

Hello I got this problem when using Python in latest Raspbeian OS Stretch:
    >>> %Run x4m300_presence_simpleoutput.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/pi/Downloads/python34-arm-linux-gnueabihf/pymoduleconnector/examples/x4m300_presence_simpleoutput.py", line 9, in <module>
    from pymoduleconnector import ModuleConnector
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py3.5.egg/pymoduleconnector/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from .moduleconnector import DataReader
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py3.5.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnector.py", line 5, in <module>
    from .moduleconnectorwrapper import \
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py3.5.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnectorwrapper/__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
    _moduleconnectorwrapper = swig_import_helper()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/pymoduleconnector-1.4.3-py3.5.egg/pymoduleconnector/moduleconnectorwrapper/__init__.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_moduleconnectorwrapper', fp, pathname, description)
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/imp.py", line 242, in load_module
    return load_dynamic(name, filename, file)
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/imp.py", line 342, in load_dynamic
    return _load(spec)
    ImportError: libpython3.4m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyway to fix this? It looks like it's because the Python I run is v3.5 but the example is built running under v3.4.

15. Christian Rødli Amble

Christian Rødli Amble updated Module Connector - Raspberry Pi with a new update entry:

ModuleConnector v 1.5.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Christian Rødli Amble