Module Connector - MacOS 1.4.2

SW used to communicate with all XeThru modules on a host computer

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

2. jack white

jack white New Member

I just got X4M03 development kit today, and I am currently working on the hardware setup and build the software platform.
    i try to connect the device to my Mac with usb and use your Module connector for MacOS at the moment. but still could not connect correctly. i also try to find some advice in our community which about this issue of Mac OS, still could not get perfect solved.
    could you get some clearly introduction for us to start up the hardware setup?
    hope you can check quickly and awaiting for your reply
    thank you

3. Bjørn Erik Nilsen

Bjørn Erik Nilsen New Member

Hi Jack,

Could you please elaborate on the issues you are facing when trying to connect? Do you get any error messages? What exactly is problem?

Note that on the Mac each serial device shows up twice under /dev/, for example /dev/tty.usbmodem1421 and /dev/cu.usbmodem1421. In case of ModuleConnector you should use the latter (/dev/cu.*).

Apart from that, there is no difference in usage of ModuleConnector between Windows and macOS.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Bjørn Erik Nilsen

4. admin

admin updated Module Connector - MacOS with a new update entry:

Module Connector V 1.1.8

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. admin

admin updated Module Connector - MacOS with a new update entry:

Module Connector V 1.2.2

6. MedschoolDropout

MedschoolDropout New Member

Can I get a walk through of this? Something like explains to me like I am a 5 year old kind of thing?
    I manage to get the ModuleConnector-osx-1.2.2 installed... (turn out you need to add `sudo python setup.py`)
    Now what?
    Please and thank you. (edited for thanks)

7. Øystein Bjørndal

Øystein Bjørndal New Member

Just a simple suggestion from a user-friendly perspective that probably could be done for a lot of your downloads. Make a link to the index.html file in the root directory, e.g.:
    ln -s doc/html/index.xhtml README.html
    cd python
    ln -s pymoduleconnector/doc/output/html/index.xhtml README.html
    And remove the almost empty README.txt files.
    The folder structure you have is fine, but from a user-perspective it is simply inconvenient to dig around trying to find the documentation.
    This works great on my mac and should work on all unix platforms. Not sure about windows.

Charlie Shao likes this.
  8. Øystein Bjørndal

NEVERMIND: This seems to only work sporadically, but some neat solution to this would be great.

9. Øystein Bjørndal

I am too lazy for a minimal example, but I believe I might have found a bug. The following works as expected:
    Code:
    status += x4m300.set_output_control(XTS_ID_BASEBAND_IQ, XTID_OUTPUT_CONTROL_ENABLE);
    so does this:
    Code:
    status += x4m300.set_output_control(XTS_ID_BASEBAND_AMPLITUDE_PHASE, XTID_OUTPUT_CONTROL_ENABLE)
    but my first attempt, using
    Code:
    status += x4m300.set_output_control(XTS_ID_BASEBAND_IQ, XTID_OUTPUT_CONTROL_ENABLE);
    status += x4m300.set_output_control(XTS_ID_BASEBAND_AMPLITUDE_PHASE, XTID_OUTPUT_CONTROL_DISABLE); 
    fails to produce any (I/Q) output and does not complain. Am I doing something stupid? I was just trying to be paranoid by disabling the amplitude/phase data.

10. Christian Rødli Amble

Christian Rødli Amble New Member Staff Member

Christian Rødli Amble updated Module Connector - MacOS with a new update entry:

ModuleConnector v 1.4.0

11. Christian Rødli Amble

Øystein,

That is indeed a bug, or at least very poorly documented. The baseband outputs use the same internal variable, so disabling one disables both and enabling one disables the other.

12. Christian Rødli Amble

13. Christian Rødli Amble

14. Øystein Bjørndal

I see this is now fixed in the documentation, thank you!
    Code:
    +     * Only one of XTS_ID_BASEBAND_IQ and XTS_ID_BASEBAND_AMPLITUDE_PHASE can
    +     * be enabled at a time. Enabling one disables the other. Disabling one,
    +     * even if it is already disabled, disables the other.
    +     *