Is input pin voltage of 3.3 V safe for X4M03 chip?

Discussion in 'Module Connector (MC)' started by dingdong2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. dingdong2

dingdong2 New Member

I'm aware that the I/O voltage of XTMCU02 is 3.0V. But looking at Atmel SAM S70 datasheet, the maximum input pin voltage is 4.0V. So I am assuming that it safe to have a 3.3 V for the input pin? Is my understanding correct?

2. Fredrik K

Fredrik K Moderator Staff Member

Hi,
    Actually, 3.3 V is the minimum recommended supply voltage if not powering from USB. This is stated in the X4M03 datasheet section 4.1. 5.5 V is the maximum recommended voltage.

The input voltage is regulated to 3.0 V on the XTMCU02 board. You can refer to the XTMCU02 schematics for more details.

Regards,
    Fredrik

3. dingdong2

dingdong2 New Member

Thanks. But it's the input voltage that I was really concerned of. I tried to find the XTMCU02 schematics, l but I can't find it. Could you please give me the link where I can find it?

4. Fredrik K

The SAM S70 data sheet says: VIH_max = VDDIO + 0.3. In other words, 3.3 V input for 3.0 V supply is ok, but it is right on the maximum limit.

5. Fredrik K

dingdong2 likes this.
  6. dingdong2

dingdong2 New Member

Thanks. Just to clarify, so it means that if the input voltage is 3.3V for a 3.3V supply, the board is just fine, right? Since it would mean that VIH_max = 3.6V.

7. dingdong2

dingdong2 New Member

8. Fredrik K

Yes. On the XTMCU02 board though, the supply voltage to the MCU is always 3.0 V.

9. dingdong2

dingdong2 New Member

Great. Thank you very much for your help.