Hearth Rate and snoring

Discussion in 'General' started by TL Lim, May 20, 2015.

1. TL Lim

TL Lim New Member

This may be stupid questions and I just want to make sure.

1. Can the Xethru Respiration module measure hearth rate?

2. Can the Xethru Respiration detect and measure snoring?

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

1.The heart rate is not visualised in the XeThru Explorer software at this point. Take a look at this video from the Hanyang University, Korea. They're using our chip to do both hearth rate and respiration at the same time.

2. I have no idea about snoring but It's an interesting question. I'm not sure if anyone here have analysed the data for snoring but let me ask around and get back to you.

3. TL Lim

TL Lim New Member

Thanks on the positive response and the Youtube clip is helpful, looking forward on hearth rate measurement using XeThru Explorer software.

4. admin

Discussed this briefly internally and as we can measure movements down to a sub-mm it should be possible in theory. Need to read up on the science behind snoring :)

5. TL Lim

TL Lim New Member

Thanks, this will make the Xethru module good for sleep monitoring. I am considering order one Inspiration kit to try out. Bravo.

6. admin

Remember to use the Coupon Code "LAUNCHPROMO" when ordering - will give you $300 off (expires eof. May)

7. TL Lim

TL Lim New Member

Thanks, I will use the promo code when order next week.

8. Bernhard Kohn

Bernhard Kohn New Member

How can I plot/acquire the actual radar signal like it is seen in the video?

best regards
    Bernhard

9. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

Only application data is available from the module, see the XeThru Serial Protocol for documentation.

10. Peter Prodinger

Peter Prodinger New Member

11. TL Lim

TL Lim New Member

Hi Peter,

Most of the sleep monitor device, such as Beddit, able to detect respiration, heart beat and snoring. There is no need to get continuous heart beat info, however, getting few reliable heart beat rates during the sleep time duration will do the job.

12. Peter Prodinger

Peter Prodinger New Member

I was more looking for the basic concep of how you could achieve a heart beat monitor out of the XETHRU sensor. Can one derive the heart beat rate from the RPM or would you have to "cancel out" somehow the movement of the respiration to sense the heart beat.

Regards,
    Peter

13. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

Peter,
    The respiration sensor can only measure respiration. The video above shows that measuring heart rate is possible with XeThru technology, but is not currently implemented as a XeThru sensor.

Olav

14. Je_Jordan

Je_Jordan New Member

Where can I find the code to for respiration and heart rate to integrate with X4M03?
    Regards
    Jordan
    (je_jordan@aol.com)

15. Bjørn Åge Brandal

Bjørn Åge Brandal Moderator Staff Member

Hi Je_Jordan,
    If you are talking about Novelda´s signal processing code for extracting respiration, this is a proprietary code that we dont share unless there is a significant project behind where it makes business sense for us to share this Intellectual Property.

As mentioned in another thread our main business model with our respiration signal processing is through selling the turn-key X4M200 respiration sensor. Could this be an option for you?