Filtering Data on Command

Discussion in 'Inspiration Kit' started by Ethan Gross, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Ethan Gross

Ethan Gross New Member

I have the Inspiration Kit and would like to use the Xethru as a presence and position detection device. The locations where a person can be in my test are static and each position has a unique distance from only one sensor. Is it possible to command the Xethru in respiration mode to ignore a locked position once it is found and continue searching for another person in the area? For my test, it would be beneficial to pick up on a persons breathing to say there is someone present and then a specific distance from the sensor to match up with the unique positioning.
  2. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

Hi Ethan,

Can you use Detection Zone to search through the distances?

3. Ethan Gross

Ethan Gross New Member

I can set the detection zone, but once it locks on to one persons breathing, it will stay locked on to theirs until it loses it. I want to be able to see generally if someone is in the area or not and then which position they are in (up to 5 people at once). Their possible locations are known and unique. So if there are 5 people and the Xethru locks onto one person, the other 4 are not known unless the Xethru loses the breathing pattern of the locked person so that it can pick up someone else. I would like it to lock onto a person, give me a distance, then ignore that distance lock (maybe within a small range) and look for others around.
  4. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

We have currently not implemented this feature in the firmware. I filed it as a feature request, but it won't be on top of the list.

Can you set a wide detection zone, read back distance, e.g. 0.7 meters and then set detection zone to start at 0.9 meter to search after the next person?