Detection of Position?

Discussion in 'Presence Sensor' started by Bernhard Kohn, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Bernhard Kohn

Bernhard Kohn New Member

Hi there,

it is possible to get some (maybe low resolution) detection of the position (like an angle)?

best regards
    Bernhard

2. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

We will add distance to target in future releases. You will have to combine two sensor to add the angle an object. New features like this will be announced.

Best

Olav

3. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

I've had a trouble to upload a video file here. Please give a tip how to do it.

4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Only embedding of video media is allowed. Hence you have to upload to YouTube or similar and then hit the add media button.

5. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

6. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

This is just great stuff @Sung Ho Cho. It's so encouraging to see what you guys can do with our sensor. Keep up the good work!!! :)

7. Kristian Tangeland

Kristian Tangeland New Member

Hi,

Just received my Inspiration Kit. Great stuff.

Impressive demo by @Sung Ho Cho. What is the timeline for adding position information to the kit? Would really like to set up a similar demo to the one shown above.

Regards,
    Kristian

8. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

Hi Kristian,

It is difficult for me to guess how much time you would spend for adding position information to the inspiration kit. Here is the timeline for my case:

- Algorithm development using Matlab: approximately 3~4 months
    - Algorithm porting on the kit including testing/debugging: approximately 2 months

Regards,
    Sung Ho

9. kjetil

kjetil New Member

Hi,

We do have distance measurement and 2D location on the list of feature requests, however we do not have a completion date on these features yet.

We will announce all new features.

Regards,

Kjetil

10. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

Hi again,

I guess I misunderstood the question made by Kristian. Sorry about that!! I thought he wanted to set up a positioning demo by himself.

Regards,
    Sung Ho

11. Kristian Tangeland

Kristian Tangeland New Member

Hi Sung Ho,

Thanks for the reply! My initial inquiry was aimed at Novelda, as you reckoned, but it is also interesting to hear more about your implemented demo.

Are you planning to publish some of this work?

Regards,
    Kristian

12. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

Hi Kristian

I am currently preparing for patents on this work. Publication would come next. But... as you know, publication takes lots of time. You probably would be able to create your own demo by then. Maybe I should try an international conference scheduled shortly.

Regards,
    Sung Ho

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  13. Holger Hussmann

Holger Hussmann New Member

Hi Sung Ho,

did you use the fan between 5 and 11 for a certain reason other than cooling ?

Thanks Holger

14. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

Hi Holger

I added the fan in the playground in order to give an intentional disturbance to the radars. The fan plays a role as a moving clutter.

Regards,
    Sung Ho

15. Holger Hussmann

Holger Hussmann New Member

Hi Sung Ho,

thanks for the quick reply. Does this mean that with some additional disturbance the detections works better ?
    Thanks Holger

16. Sung Ho Cho

Sung Ho Cho New Member

Hi Holger,

Oh no! We added the fan to show that our radar still performs OK although there is a moving clutter disturbance.