Could I have gotten a buggy model?

Discussion in 'Respiration Sensor' started by Mike Manh, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Mike Manh

Mike Manh New Member

I am using xethru explorer with a x2m200 that we just received this week. It seems to not work very well, having a hard time detecting and monitoring respiration. It seems to detect motion ok, but at various distances and sensitivity setting, the respiration sensing is dodgy at best, often losing track and very rarely detecting breath, or actually connecting the respiration to what was actually happening.

I am also using the python driver and that behaves largely the same.

When other people use theirs, is it generally on point, or does it only detect and follow breath 50% of the time at most, often less?

2. Josh Gardiner

Josh Gardiner New Member

Mike, similar experience here, the respiration sensing only works well on a static subject, if the torso moves more than a few cm, it goes back into its movement -> tracking phase before locking on again (about 15 seconds).

3. Olav Liseth

Olav Liseth Administrator Staff Member

4. Josh Gardiner

Josh Gardiner New Member

Mike, you might find it useful to have a look my real time baseband explorer that I just posted. It helped me a lot to understand what is going on under the hood and it shows the respiration data too. Its not sophisticated and still a little buggy but it does the job. Hope it helps.