Comparing output powers of X2 and X4

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by cajoseph, Apr 25, 2019.

1. cajoseph

cajoseph New Member

I'm looking to compare the output power of the X4 and X2. However, the X2 datasheet has mean output power and the X4 datasheet has peak pulse output power.

The X4M300 datasheet says that, "Mean output power ... depends on the Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF) and tx_power settings in the X4 radar chip".

What exactly is that dependency, so I compare the output powers between the two?

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

The output power varies a lot on different configurations. It is meaningless to compare them without specifying the configurations and application.

3. cajoseph

cajoseph New Member

Hi Charlie,

Can you please go into more detail? The datasheet says it depends on the PRF and the TX power configurations, but no equation is given. As far as the application, we are making a custom application that involves changing the PRF. We want to ensure that the new settings will comply with FCC regulations so calculating the mean power output of the X4 is very important to us.

Thanks

4. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Cajoseph,

It is more efficient to test in real condition. I suggest you tune the custom setting with a certification lab.