X4 Can we get the raw signal data from X4

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by lyrik, Sep 12, 2017.

1. lyrik

lyrik New Member

I want to get the raw data from X4 to do some analyze, but don't know how to do that.

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

3. lyrik

lyrik New Member

4. lyrik

lyrik New Member

Hello Charlie, I have got a X4M03, but can not use Xethru explorer to view the signal from the device. Do you have any suggestion for this?

5. Charlie Shao

Hi lyrik, X4M03 is not a ready-to-use sensor, it only provides raw data from the original XEP Firmware. You can start from python examples for XEP to verify X4M03. There is also one example shows how to develop your own profile based on XEP, you can find it here: XEP X4 Distance Demo.

6. Jouya

Jouya New Member

Hi Charlie – I am trying to stream baseband Amplitude and phase (or I/Q) from either X4M300 or XM4200 using python script and matlab/python engine (i.e.,>> matlab.engine.shareEngine).

For pulsed radar data, I had limited success following the steps of example
    ModuleConnector-osx-1.4.2 ///python27-x86_64-apple-darwin///x4_pulsedoppler

I was wondering how can I get the same thing for basband data?

I have been looking into the documents and I found read_message_baseband_ap() and read_message_baseband_iq(), but I was not able to make use of them. Is there any simple python script that downloads these info from the buffer que?

I appreciate any help you can provide,
    Thanks

7. Charlie Shao

Hi Jouya,

Did you try the XEP_plot_record_playback.py script, it supports based band data plot out, recording and playback for all the sensors(X4M03,X4M200,X4M300), since they are developed on base of XEP.

8. Jouya

Jouya New Member

Hi Charlie – No, I will. It is a good exercise for adapting to the file formats. But my objective was more of live streaming in matlab environment. Similar to what example "x4_pulsedoppler.py" achieves.

Thanks for your comment

9. Shuji Konishi

Shuji Konishi New Member

Good day,
    When X4M300/M200 was connected to Win7-PC, then ,following error message is displayed.

"Module upgrade failed! Unable to find device in bootloader mode."

But, in case of Win10-PC, this is not displayed and correctly run the XeThru explorer.
    Please tell us countermeasure for this matter.

10. Charlie Shao

Hi Shuji Konishi, this problem sounds quite strange. I saw some users complain about win7 driver before, but I believe the XE on your win7-pc has successfully recognized X4M300 and X4M200. The "Module upgrade failed! Unable to find device in bootloader mode." error is more like something wrong with firmware, while on you win10-PC it can successfully run.

Do you have another Win7-PC to do test? I want to know if this is a specific problem on your Win7-PC. Also, pay attention to the USB-cable, try to update your Win7-PC and make sure you are running on the latest XeThru Explorer. Please check the serial number on the sensor and send to me if you still have this problem.