Can the XeThru Explorer application be installed in Smartphones such as android, i.e.m Samsung.

Discussion in 'X4M03' started by Faisel Tubbal, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Faisel Tubbal

Faisel Tubbal New Member

Hi,
    Is it possible for the application to be installed on Smartphones so instead of displaying the respiration on Pc we display it on Smartphone.
    Regards

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Faisel,

It is possible to develop a smartphone application based on our development kits. But XeThru Explorer only has PC version, XeThru sensors connect with PC USB ports directly. For mobile phone application, XeThru sensor needs to connect to a host server(normally a PC) at first, and mobile phone works as a client to get the data through TCP/IP. We have added the TCP/IP support to the software development API Module Connector, and having example to show how to build remote connection through the network between two PC.

Unfortunately, as a radar sensor company, we do not have enough resource and experience to develop and maintain an application for mobile phone. As far as I know, some users have developed mobile phone application for their customized design, so you may need to make your own design based on our existing development tools.

3. Faisel Tubbal

Faisel Tubbal New Member

Hi Charlie,
    Thanks for your reply. I have ordered X4M03

4. Hi,
    I am using X4M03 to measure breathing rate and heart rate. I am trying to program this using Matlab.
    Finally I want to display the readings on my android device by making a simple app. I just wanted to know that can I use ADK (Android Development kit) to link the app and X4M03? I know I can use this to link an arduino to my phone but is the same thing possible for this kit?
    Also any suggestions on other methods to connect this kit to my device or app?
    Thanks

5. Charlie Shao

Hi, this is a brilliant idea, but I am afraid that it is out of support range on radar sensor side. This kind of wireless connection base on which kind of technologies you choose, the options could be Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. The app on your phone would be a client and you also need a server combined with your setup, which is the breathing rate and heart rate DSP and radar sensor. You may find more suggestions if you consult experts on app development.

6. Aleksandrinja

Aleksandrinja New Member

Dear Charlie,

As a start up company Quinta Essentia doo plans to build architecture with host server, web services, clients and finally to develop application for mobile phone, for specific purposes using your XeThru sensor. We have already started with test period, so that we could examine the possibilities we could offer to our clients.
    Would you be interested to arrange a meeting or discussion panel, that could possibly lead to collaboration?

With respect,
    Aleksandra Tasic

7. Charlie Shao

Hi Aleksandrinja,
    For business cooperation, please try to connect sales@xethru.com.

8. shiyucun

shiyucun New Member

Hi Charlie,

I saw your promotional video on youtube, but I can't see the RPM and heart rate when I use X4M06 to build the test effect environment. I can only see BASEBAND AMPLITUDE and BASEBAN PHASE. Is my software wrong? But only one software on the official website.
    https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/xethru-explorer-for-windows.5/
    SW Version: 2.7.3

9. Charlie Shao

X4M06 is a development kit. You should choose X4M200/X4M202 as a respiration sensor. The respiration sensor does not support heart rate output.

https://shop.xethru.com/x4m202

10. shiyucun

shiyucun New Member

Can I use the development kit to build a model that tests heart rate? If I can, what should I do?
    thank you very much!

11. Charlie Shao

Hi, XeThru does not have a solution for heart rate detection, but some companies have launched their products base on XeThru modules. You need to add your own algorithm based on this kit for customized application.

12. shiyucun

shiyucun New Member

Hi Charlie,

Thank you very much for your reply!
    If I use M4X06 to do a respiratory rate detection model. What should I do? Could you give me some tips.
    I pulled XeThru_ModuleConnector_Examples from github. Does the X4M03 code also work for X4M06? E.g: xep_distance_demo_host.py.
    Because I only have X4M06 and no others, I want to see what else it can do.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 4:59 PM
  13. Charlie Shao

Yes, X4M03 is basically the same with X4M06 excepting different antenna design for KCC/MIC regulation.