CAN I USE THE PRESENCE SENSOR ALSO ALSO AS PEOPLE COUNTER

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Giovanni Austin, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Giovanni Austin

Giovanni Austin New Member

I was wondering can I use the presence sensor as a people counter.......

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear that you are interested in the people counting solution based on XeThru X4 radar chip. Unfortunately we do not provide sensor having this people counting application. You need to either develop your own people counting algorithm based radar data collected by XeThru sensor, or try to get help from our partner Xandar, which has many years experience on this solution. You can find the latest experiments from here,

Please visit their website to get more information: http://xandartech.com/

3. Giovanni Austin

Hey Charlie, also in the Presence sensor how well does it works with pets and can we program to know the difference in humans and pets!!!!!

4. Charlie Shao

Hi Giovanni, X4M200 cannot see the difference between pets and human when the object is moving, but when object is still X4M200 may not be able to output RPM of animals since animal's chest movement is too small to detect, and also our algorithm will filter RPM which is out of 15-65(baby profile) or 8-30(adult profile), in some condition, this will help a little.

5. Giovanni Austin

Hey Charlie, This is the last and final question. We are prototyping our project and I know how much your chips cost for prototyping, but if everything goes well, we are planning a 1 million product units launch. What are the prices for huge bulk orders. I will need this for my investors. 3 chips per unit so 3 million chips. What would be your bulk order prices!

You can send details to: giovanni.m.austin@gmail.com

6. Charlie Shao

Hi Giovanni,
    I have forwarded your information to our sales team (sales@xethru.com). You will get feedback soon.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018