Breathing Measurement error

Discussion in 'Respiration Sensor' started by Igor.12, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Igor.12

Igor.12 New Member

Hello,

I have a X4M200, and I can not detect breathing as good as in the demo video.
    It wasn't working as good as it should in the last version, so I have already upgraded the firmware right now and tried again and still not working.

What am I doing wrong? The place had no moving objects or person while it was loading and than after the scanning finished i walked to close to the sensor and sitted in a chair in front of it and it wasnt able to track my breathing continually.. the sensor has no case, nothing blocking the Antenna..

I attached the paste generated using xethru explorer recording option

Thank you,

Igor

2. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member

Hi Igor,
    I have played back your recorded respiration data. First of all, make sure that your sensor is not attached to any vibrating or slightly shaking support. The best position is having the sensor antennas pointing directly towards your chest. Then stand still for a while to let time to the sensor to lock onto your respiration instead of tracking movement. The sensor can't track random movement and respiration simultaneously.

Best regards,
    Chouaibou.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

Hi Igor,
    If your detection zone settings are correct and your chair is in the detection range of the sensor, just let the sensor finish its initialization (~ 2 min) and when frame counter starts, you can sit still at the right place and just breathing without any movement.
    Your sensor is trying to lock into your respiration as the record shows, but there is a perturbating movement, may be your arms moving ? Another trick may be the antennas side of the sensor, make sure that the antennas side of your sensor is facing you.
    Note : Don't forget to select adult respiration profile.

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

4. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

Hi Igor,
    I am sorry your are struggling with your sensor. Someone had the same problem and I help him as I am doing with you.
    Please can you try with python codes examples to test your X4M200 sensor ?

B.R,
    Chouaibou.

Charlie Shao likes this.
  5. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

Hi Igor,
    According to your description, I did not find anything mishandled obviously.

Your recording does show output RPM on some periods. I assume you want to repeat this demo: , which shows continue RPM output perfectly. To be honest,
    it is hard to achieve this when you are sitting on a chair or even lay down. If your application has high requirement for continually real-time RPM output, this sensor may not be an option. It mainly targets for sleep analysis products, which use both RPM and Movement data logged by the sensor.

Pulse doppler doest provide outputs on memory-optimized profiles. It only available on feature optimized profiles

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU likes this.
  6. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

Hi Igor,
    Please take a look at this thread for I/O pin explanation :
    https://www.xethru.com/community/threads/next-x4m200-firmware-update-date.318/#post-1478

Removing multipath and scene from raw data is not an easy task. First identify clusters in order to remove unwanted scatterers !
    There is a simple adapdative clutter map filter in distance demo example (https://www.xethru.com/community/resources/xep-x4-distance-demo.89/) , but it is a very basic and simple example.
    IEEE publications can help you to have an overview of the state of art in this field.

Best regards,
    Chouabou.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018