Ancho with 4.4.9-ti-r25 failures

Discussion in 'Chips+Salsa' started by Bill Gatliff, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Bill Gatliff

Bill Gatliff New Member

Guys:

When I'm using LinuxInstaller-160503 and Linux kernel 4.4.9-ti-r25 (from the Debian 8.4 installer on beagleboard.org) on my Beaglebone Black, the RadarDemo fails like this:

root@ancho-41:~/FlatEarth/Demos/Ancho/RadarDemo# ./RadarDemo
    ERROR 0x301: Unknown chip - NVA6201 - NVA6201 Chip Not Found
    at: NVA6201_InitChip in src/chip/NVA6201/NVA6201.c:128

The hardware was fine with an older kernel, so I suspect that the stock setup lacks the correct pinmux settings. Anyone seen this, and/or have a quick fix identified?

Thanks!

b.g.

2. Bill Gatliff

Bill Gatliff New Member

By "older kernel", I mean the 3.8.13-bone79 kernel that shipped with bborg's wheezy-based distribution. The capemgr and general dtb stuff has changed quite a bit since then, and I'm thinking that the dtbos that shipped with 160503 weren't tested properly on the later configuration(s).

I've added this to my kernel command line, with no improvement: capemgr.enable_partno=FE-Ancho-0.0

b.g.

3. FE_Hadella

FE_Hadella New Member

To see if the overlay loaded successfully, type "dmesg | grep cape". There should be an entry FE-Ancho present if the overlay loaded.

I tested on Debian "Jessie" 4.1.18-ti-r53, and the RadarDemo program works fine on my system.

I can get the same error message if I delete my overlay files and reboot, so this is probably related to the overlay.

There is a folder /root/FlatEarth/Utilities/ModuleSwitcher. Run the ModuleSwitcher program to install the overlay. You will need to reboot the BBB afterwards.

The capemgr file should look something like:
    root@beaglebone:~# cat /etc/default/capemgr
    # Default settings for capemgr. This file is sourced by /bin/sh from
    # /etc/init.d/capemgr.sh

# Options to pass to capemgr

CAPE=BB-SPIDEV0,FE-Ancho-0.0,BB-SPIDEV1

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016