A question about xtSerial Protocol

Discussion in 'X2 & X4 SoC' started by windchime, Oct 12, 2019.

1. windchime

windchime New Member

Dear all,

I am trying to connect my custom board to XeThru Explorer. When I connected my board to Host PC by USB. I've got messages.

1. RECV 0x7d 0x90 0x58 0x02 0xB7 0x7e - Baurate setting
    2. SENT 0x7d 0x10 0x6d 0x7e - ACK
    3. RECV 0x7d 0x90 0x00 0xbd 0x7e - XTS_SPC_BOOTLOADER, XTS_SPCB_GET_DEVICE_INFO

I have no idea how I can reply to the 3rd message. It looks like the explorer are asking about the board. What information should I send and in what format?

I appreciate your help.

Best regards,
    Kyle

2. Charlie Shao

Charlie Shao Moderator Staff Member

3. windchime

windchime New Member

Dear Charlie,

I already checked that document. But the 3rd message was not found in it.

3. RECV 0x7d 0x90 0x00 0xbd 0x7e - XTS_SPC_BOOTLOADER, XTS_SPCB_GET_DEVICE_INFO

I can't get information about that message from any documents. That's why I asked for your help.

Best Regards,
    Kyle

4. Charlie Shao

Hi Kyle,

I am a little confused about your questions. Need more detail from you and also make some points more clear here:

1. What's your custom board and which firmware is running on it? Is it X4M05 + your custom MCU board? Is it running XEP modified from the original version?

2. XeThru Explorer only accepts official XeThru modules, and it's GUI software for data plotting. How did you get the serial communication codes from this software? There should be no interface to send or receive serial commands.

3. We suggest developers use ModuleConnector or MCPW API to start their development. Not all commands are covered by this MCP document, it only covers critical commands for module configuration and data retrieval. If you use some serial port assistant to communicate with the module, you should follow the steps specified by the document. Other commands need to be checked from the XEP source code. We suggest developers use API to avoid unnecessary work.

5. windchime

windchime New Member

1. x4 soc with ATSAMV71, no xep

2. pring the codes to the serial port and get the code information from XEP source.

3. Unfortunately I started without XEP because I don't use freeRTOS. I managed to make x4 soc work and I'm trying to validate the data processed with my algorithm. I think XeThru explorer is the best one for that purpose. And I thought there would be no problem because MCP document is provided at first. And then I faced this problem.

I think X4 module, XEP and XeThru Explorer should be remain independent and developers can have their freedom to choose the way how they will implement their software and present their results. I would like to believe that it's not your policy to force developers to use XEP. I hope I can get help from you.

Best regards,
    Kyle

6. Charlie Shao

Hi Kyle,
    There are more confusing now. MCP is part of XEP. If you did not use a XEP, how the communication operates. I suggest you send one email to support@xethru.com and request a support meeting. Novelda engineer will provide more help on your development.