64 bit Python

Discussion in 'Module Connector (MC)' started by Daniel Robinson, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Daniel Robinson

Daniel Robinson New Member

Switching to 64 bit python as im encountering memory errors in 32 bit how do I get setup.py to install pymoduleconnector in my 64 bit python packages instead of the 32 bit?

2. NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU

NSANGOU CHOUAIBOU Active Member

Hi Daniel,
    32-bit / 64-bit is not your python version (python version is 2.7 or 3.6), but for your microsoft operating system (32-bit or 64-bit), related to your computer's processor (for windows 64 bit, the processor is x64 for example).
    In the latest module connector (version 1.5.3), you have a folder "ModuleConnector-win32_win64-1.5.3", and in this folder, you have 4 folders you can use to install the python package you need :
    - For windows 32 bit : python27-win32 or python36-win32
    - For windows 64 bit : python27-win64 or python36-win64
    Each time, you have the python version already installed in your computer or to install if not already done, and your windows version.
    As you can see, you can only comply with your windows version 32 bit or 64 bit, and then choose to use python 2.7 or 3.6 version.

How to check if your windows version is 32 or 64 bit : Press and Hold the Windows Key and the Pause key

upload_2018-8-7_21-5-39.png

B.R

Charlie Shao likes this.
  3. Daniel Robinson

Daniel Robinson New Member

I know my system is 64 bit the thing is I downloaded 32 bit python as i couldn't get setup.py to install correctly on the 64bit version, my problem is that when I run setup.py in the 64bit folder its directed to the 32 bit version of python and installs there