This package contains the source code for the XeThru Embedded Platform, with documentation on how to use it.
This package includes and uses the X4Driver source code, which is the basic driver to access the X4 radar chip.
Typical use will be to see how XEP is using the X4Driver to interface with the X4 radar, which can be ported to other target platforms.
For documentation, open /xtXEP/doc/output/html/index.xhtml
Programming the X4M03 module
To program the X4M03 a programmer or debugger supporting the Microchip SAMS70-series (e.g. Atmel-ICE, Power Debugger, Segger J-Link) is required. In addition, a software supporting the device and programming tool is required (e.g. Atmel Studio 7 on Windows or OpenOCD for multiple platforms).
X4M03 has a 50mil 10-pin connector with the 10-pin Cortex Debug Connector pinout. It can be directly connected to an Atmel-ICE using the cable included with the Atmel-ICE. Take care to connect it to the connector labeled "SAM" on the Atmel-ICE. Connect the USB cable from the Atmel-ICE to the PC. Note that the X4M03 must be powered separately to be able to program it.
Programming using Atmel Studio
1. Open Atmel Studio 7
2. Open the Programming dialog, either from the top menu Tools->Device Programming, or by pressing Ctrl + Shift + P
3. Select the tool (e.g. Atmel-ICE), device (ATSAMS70Q20 or ATSAMS70Q21) and Interface (SWD)
4. Click Apply. If you are asked to upgrade the tool, click Upgrade and wait for the upgrade to finish before clicking Close, and then click Apply again.
5. Test the connection by clicking the button labeled Read under Device Signature. It should state a 32-bit hexadecimal value. If it displays an error, review the error and fix the hardware connections or settings.
6. On the left hand side, find the tab Memories and click it
7. Under Flash, click the browse button (...) and navigate to the hex file you wish to program
8. Click Program
9. Go to GPNVM Bits and verify that BOOT_MODE is checked. Otherwise check BOOT_MODE and click Program.
10. X4M03 should now be properly programmed